Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Losing Weight - Gaining Pounds

It's weird. That's the lesson I learned during week four of off season. Since I'm no longer training crazy hours each week I'm losing muscle which means numbers on the scale. However I'm still gaining pounds. My pants don't fit. Darn you fat weighing less than muscles. It's deceiving. Let me clarify. I'm not watching my weight and I'm not trying to get to a goal weight. That sort of talk only happens a few weeks out from a race. Rather it's kinda been a mini ah-ha moment - the number the scale shows you isn't everything.

Other happenings this week: I finished our Thanksgiving left overs. I enjoyed eight days of goodness. I love holiday leftovers. Deep down I wish they had lasted longer but I don't think I could have stretched them out any further.

On Saturday I went swimming for the second time. I traveled with Dr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, Ems, and Ms. Owen out to Frank Brown. It was perfect, almost 70 and sunny. The water was just right for an outside pool - not to hot. I’m still not sure why the lifeguard wouldn’t open more lanes but we made it work and had a good time.

I’m running a few days a week now, just for fun and nothing over an hour. One day I ran in all my winter gear I owned and then the next I was in a sports bra. It’s getting too cold too soon. I had an awesome bridge run on Thursday night. I pushed hard; something I can’t do by myself no matter how hard I try.

School update: Saturday ended two weeks of pure craziness. That's what I get for not getting ahead in school.

Week three and four in pictures follow. Yes, I purposely didn’t write about week three.
Week 3 Pictures:
Finished product - it kept me busy for a few hours.
BB shooting contest.

At the creek the Friday after Thanksgiving. Todd jumping out of the tree.

I love this place.

Some time alone...

LC tired from playing fetch.

Lunch time.

No day would be complete without shooting something. 6/8 - could have been better.

Nathan's new puppy - LC - makes a pretty good pillow. Getting the Christmas tree.

Week 4 Pictures:

Dressed like this one day - the next in a sports bra. What's happening?After a fast bridge run in the freezing cold.

I love this dog. 14 years old Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment