Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back To The Grind


First day running in 5 days due to the trip with Malissa.  The break was purposeful and the trip was scheduled to give myself much needed rest after a heaving training block.  It worked.  I was a little nervous heading out for a 16 mile on Monday but the legs felt great.  Negative slit and held the last 6 miles around an 8:15 pace.  The only downside to the run was my four pee stops – I’m not sure what was up with my bladder.  My new nutrition plan seems to be working better.  1 shot block alternating with 2 shot blocks every 2 miles rather than always two.  We will see how this does on a long run.  Overall I’m ready to start this week: 80+ miles ahead of me.  

Happy post run. 

Unhappy post run.


Phil's first experience with IT band troubles.  
 
To punctuate the first day back I biked, swam, and went to a body sculpting class with Bre at the YMCA.  I almost died by class time.  I needed food and was really tired.  It doesn’t help that I have zero muscle and was having a hard time doing the reps with only 10lbs on the bar.  One more thing to make me realize I really do need to start doing strength training.  

Last night (Tuesday) we cancelled intervals again but for a good reason.  Phil's knee is giving him a lot of trouble.  Instead of doing 8 miles of intervals we did 8 miles walking.   It was slow but steady and probably just as beneficial to me in terms of long term training.

No comments:

Post a Comment