Sunday, March 10, 2013

Milking the Moping

Earlier this week I had given Phil a hard time for milking the moping.  IE talking about how worried he is about his knee and going down the ‘what if’ trail.  All the ‘what ifs’ were negative.  I thought he was just trying to get my sympathy or get out of workouts.  Today I realized I was wrong.

His knee pain has been starting around mile 15.  We were going to do 18-20 today but decided last night that I would split it up into two runs and he would just do the later with me.  I was ok with that.  I headed out this morning and knew from the start it was going to be bad.  I was dehydrated despite waking up twice last night to drink.  I got extremely dizzy and called it at mile 6.  It just wasn’t worth it.  My legs were pooped but that didn’t bother me I was still able to move them.  I just didn't like being alone when I felt weird.  I walked for 3 miles and then was able to run the last 3 home.  I wasn’t discouraged because I knew the problem. 

 
I ate and drank tons and headed off to church and then had a quick swim.  My swim was excellent.  Although I only did 30 laps they had some pace to them.  Quickly got home and met up with Phil for another try at 10 miles.  We made it one mile and he needed to turn around.  He was already limping.  We grabbed my bike and he road next to me the last 8.  I am very thankful for him as I know that must have been discouraging.  It didn’t help to hear comments like “Who has the better deal in this case” and “There’s something wrong with that situation.”  I think it showed his compassion and not his weakness.  I finished up the run feeling good.  It was slow…real slow but I was able to do it on tired legs and could have kept going.  


A first happened today: my car was broken into.  I'm not sure how as nothing was broken but when I got in my car to head to church all three off my compartments had been opened and stuff was pulled out on all over the floor and on the seats.  As far as I can tell nothing was taken.  Strange.  Maybe they just wanted money.  Hopefully I'll get to look at the security video tomorrow since it was the spot directly in front of the building and see who it was.  I had already cleaned a lot up before taking the picture.


Refueling!

No comments:

Post a Comment