Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Breakthroughs

This week was one of those you dream about, hope for, and sometimes think will never happen.  Everything training wise was great and I couldn't stop smiling.  My legs were pushed to the limits and kept giving me more.  They were fatigue but still able to support me.  I would have ran much much more but I didn't want to get injured.  I figured increasing my weekly mileage by over 10 miles was probably enough.  Ahh to feel like I was running free.  I went on night run which I haven't done in forever.  Not going to lie - it was a little scary.  My neighborhood is dark.  I love running in the morning while watching the sunrise - not after it's already gone to bed.  On Friday I had my long run.  I had some set goals, pace points, and the attitude that I was going to finish no matter what.  I wasn't going to stop until 18 but deep down 20 was on my mind.  After a half of a mile it was all about the twenty.  I was in a grove and happy with my pace.  There were moments when I didn't even realize I had music on and was instead nsync with my body.  I only had one gatorade bottle and two packs of shot blocks - if it wasn't for this limitation I could have kept going.  I could have done ten more but knew I would get into trouble without nutrition.  I hesitate to say this but I really enjoyed running this week in a way I haven't ever before.  Is it possible that I'm becoming a true runner?

Post evening run.

20 mile success!

No comments:

Post a Comment