Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Quarter

That's right.  The first week of the year I turned a quarter of a century years old.  A little bit sad, a little bit scary, and a lot too soon!  Saturday it became real when I participated in the Frozen Floridian - a small local tri.  I had to catch myself when they asked my age to put on my calf.  I wasn't planning on racing when  I went to bed the night before.  I thought it was a little to much money and not worth it for such a short race.  I slept horrible the night before and was wide awake early enough to get my bike off the trainer and all my stuff together.  I ended up heading to the beach and signing up just before the race started.  I'm glad I did.  I don't think I would race it again, but I would volunteer.  My birthday was made complete with a first place overall female finish, a homemade cookies and cream icecream cake, and an afternoon spent kayaking on the creek.  A nice end to the week considering all week I was fighting mental battles when running.  Granted I won each one of them but I was never pumped.  It almost wasn't worth the agony.  I needed a little pick me up and a reminder to put the fun back in it.  After cancelling a few runs and a good race, I'm back on board.  I really think it boils down to I miss biking and swimming.  I'm just not a full time runner.

Watching the Bama bowl game. 49-7 win over Michigan State!

I decided to start taking vitamins.  My last attempt at this was in high school.  We will see how long it last.

First day of work.  Boy is there a story here.

Frozen Floridian swim at Frank Brown Park.

Approaching the finish line shouting out my number - 11.

Just barley squeezed out first overall female.

Ahhhhhh - 25!

I loved getting to spend my birthday in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment