Sunday, January 30, 2011

It is possible!

I never thought I would have two solid weeks of running in a row.  But it has happened and my legs are trashed.  It's a good feeling.  This week I've finally admitted to myself I would love to be sponsored - even someplace small would count.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but for me it is.  Before I would have never said that out loud, but why not, it's a goal.  I want to be faster, have a bigger impact, and not look like I have no clue what I'm doing while I'm doing it.  Plus this lifestyle it expensive and I need all the help I can get it.  I've also realized my running form is horrible.  While looking at some of my favorite running pictures I saw that I'm a horrible heel striker and straight leg runner.  I'm sure anything else I could be doing wrong I'm doing.  Now I'm spending some time trying to figure out what I can do to learn to run the proper way and hopefully prevent injuries.  This week in pictures....

Post run in a downpour.

I hadn't ran in hard rain in a long time.

I love home!

Getting my stash together for my long run of the week.

Wondering how many of my water bottles would be taken - the answer ZERO!  That never happens!  Topped off with salt pills in the sports bra.

The longest run of my life.  Half planned, half thought it was a joke.

The proof.  Might have been slow but I was still really excited.

The post run salt face.

Miles in the bank.

Pool bath relief.

Good thing this feeling only lasted an hour or two.

A neighborhood sign that I just can't help but to smile when I run past it.  The yard is filled with bikes and a huge swing - sometimes I'm tempted to stop and play.

Ended the week poolside in near 70 degree, blue sky weather with a great (non school related) book.

1 comment: