Friday, February 25, 2011

99 - I almost forgot!

I came back from Nashville and BOOM - hello 99% humidity.  Where did it come from?  There was no gradual easing back into it.  And unfortantly it's probably here to stay (but fortantly I get to train in it so I do eventually become used to it and then have a leg up at humid races).  I'm not sure how but I managed to forgot how drenched you become when running through water.  Literally on every run this week after about 5 min. it looked like I jumped into a swimming pool.  As a result, my times have really suffered.  It's time to bring back the truck loads of salt tablets just to keep me alive and able to finish a short run.  Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that humidity will not be a factor in Mississippi next weekend. 

Post first run back in the humidity - hello new challenge.

I'm going to have to get another pair - so wet they don't dry before the next days run.

Best part of work - being so close to home.  I get to come home almost every day for lunch and sit by the water.  Nice break from screaming sick kiddos - who by the way I love.

Last semi-long run before MS50 did not go as planned and was cut 6 miles short.  It just wasn't worth it to push through the dizzy feeling one week out from the race.  

I'm starting to get horrible tan lines from these.  What to do - there a lifesaver but I don't want to be reminded of them when I'm not running.

I had almost got up the guts to go swimming for the first time in 5 weeks.  My neighbor's pool reached 70 degrees so I didn't have an excuse.  I haven't been swimming because I don't like making the 35-40 min. drive to the community pool.  Well when I got to the pool I discovered a half of inch of pollen covering the top.  And no I'm not exaggerating.  Reason number 83 not to swim.  After this weekend - no more excuses - I'm getting back into the water.

The path I've made walking to my neighbor's house.  The S's are a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment