Monday, February 28, 2011

A very busy weekend

It was a blast.  Friday night started with a wedding rehearsal dinner at the house for a family friend's daughter.  60+ people and no major mishaps.  Everyone enjoyed the night and the wine and beer were flowing.  Couldn't have asked for a better night!  Saturday morning I woke up early and joined 7 others for an easy 35 mile ride down 30a.  Only second time out since IMFL and I loved it.  Nice and easy and good group bonding.  We choose 30a over the other major roads because once spring break hits the traffic is horrible and the road doesn't have a bike lane.  We turned around in Seaside and faced headwinds all they way home.  Thankfully I didn't pull at all since I'm in taper mode and didn't want to push too hard.  That lasted until the last five miles - I just couldn't hold back from R nagging me to push.  I gave in and it felt great!  The day only got better after this - got home and the parents took me out on the boat.  It was a bit chilly but still a good time.  Docked the boat and off to a Mardi Gras party.  AM and KM put on a killer party with food, drinks, and a perfect spot to watch the parade.  The only thing that would have made the day better was staying a little long.  The busy day ended with a wedding reception. 

Friday night party.

After the enjoyable Saturday morning ride.
 
Welcome to the Beer Krew!

Das boot.

 Thankfully a friend was on patrol duty on our block - He scared away the cop that kept saying 'put it in a cup or I'll arrest you.' 

C, R, and I striking a pose.

Yes, we know we are a bunch of weirdos.

P came out with soap all over her sleeve.

Hello pollen.  Did you really have to appear so abruptly?


No comments:

Post a Comment