Friday, February 11, 2011

Cha Ching - Miles in the Bank

Blunt and chatty waitress: Why is your face bright red?
Me: It’s wind burnt.
Waitress: From what?
Me: I ran today, it was really windy.
Waitress: Oh, I was confused because it hasn’t been warm enough to layout.  So how far did you run to make you so red? 
Me: 35 miles
Waitress: Wow.  I didn’t know people did that.  No wonder why you are eating so much.  I’ve bike 25 miles before and that has never happened to me. 
Me: (smile – that’s all I could do)

Pre Run. Thought process: If I made a sign before hand then I would have to do it or it would just be a waste and that wouldn't be good.

My survival kit. 2 fruit punch Gatorades, 2 lemon lime, 1 glacier freeze, 1 water, 2 tic tac boxes filled with salt tabs, 5 shot blocks, 3 cliff bars, and a little bit of crunchy peanut butter.

This bush stash pile has a perfect record for not being stolen and is always in the shade.

My favorite place to stash on any run.  Palm trees don't let me give into my desire to stop because they prevent me from having to bend down on tired legs to pick anything up.

Post run.

Proof.  Ok a little slow (about 23 seconds/mile and 13 min. off my goal) but I'm still giddy.

The brick wall picture is starting to become a tradition.

It was a chilly morning when I headed out the door.  Started just above 30 and only warmed up to 51.  The sun was out with very few clouds so it made for pretty nice conditions once I got warmed up.

I DIDN'T DIE (shhh - I might have been able to go a little longer)!  I'm all smiles knowing that a long day was completed.

Ice bath w/o the ice because the water was cold enough.  I couldn't stop shivering.  I kept repeating "This is good for me...This is good for me."

Refueling.  Pink grapefruit and a bowl of Lucky Charms.  Horrible choices I know but nothing else sounded good and I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to hold down the better choice of grilled chicken.  Hey, milk is good for recovery, right?

The blue couch is the best place to plop after getting cleaned up.

Ouch.

Wind burnt.  The picture just doesn't show how red my face really is. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment