Saturday, February 2, 2013

Recovering Ironman Suffle Runner


Tuesday brought the third and best interval workout yet.  The set was the same as last week.  5 min. warm up followed by 800x8 with 2 min walk/30second jog  in between.  Man my HR was pushed for the first time in a long time.  Negative split all but the last one when my legs were pure jello and wouldn’t respond to me.  This wasn’t the plan but once it started to happen I wanted to make it happen.  Phil is much faster than me and finally picked up his pace and didn’t stay with me.  This actually helped because I had him to chase down.   Now if I can convince him to go all out on all his intervals he would slaughter me.  However, running with faster people only makes you faster.  I’m glad he tolerates my recovering Ironman shuffle run.



Phil’s dress socks or what he thinks are his running socks.   Hmmm…those probably wont work so well when it warms up.

Interval workout on the garmin: first time I have used that option and I’ve had a garmin since 2008.  I’ve been missing out – so useful!

  
Old shoes vs. new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment