Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Working on Speed To Run Away From Animals


Yesterday was another speed day.  This made the fourth Tuesday in a row!  I don’t think I have ever done four speed workouts in a month in my whole life: progress!  Last night hurt.  It pushed my cardio and forced me to run long on an elevated HR.  The plan was to do eight miles in a mountain format.  9.15---9:00---8.30/15---7something---8:00---8:30---9:00---9:15.  Needless to say that didn’t happen.  It was more like 9.00---8:30---8:00---7:00---7:45---8:30---9:00---8:30.   I did ok but it took me two miles to recover after the 7:45 mile.  I’m enjoying these workouts and hoping they will pay off.  Today I wasn’t near as sore as I was last Wed.

Phil finally signed up for the Sulphur Springs Trail Run.  I will not be alone!   Yippie.  Now we just got to work on his fear of animals jumping out and killing him.  He even sacrificed me during our run yesterday.  We were running along and a dog (on a lease) lunged and barked at us.  Before I knew it Phil was on the other side of me and said “Move Swag.”  I thought to myself…well if you stayed were you were the dog could have killed you and I wouldn’t have to worry about protecting myself.  He has been researching tasers and part of me thinks he is serious and may end up with one.  I’m not sure why he would want to carry that weight:  if a mountain lion jumps out of a tree and attacks him the little taser really isn’t going to help much.   The last mile of the run we saw a dog running with his owner and he had sunglasses on.  One a dog doesn’t need sunglasses and two it was pitch black.  Still the sight put a smile on my face. 

Reading this in the participant’s guide sure doesn’t help – maybe he should buy his taser.  Then again he should make noise and not get close enough to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment