Thursday, February 28, 2013

Treadmill Tuesday

Tuesday was the first day in over a year I stepped on a treadmill.  The weather has been horrible and I didn’t feel like running in lightening and tornado warnings.  I’ve been saying for weeks I need to practice walking and after having a hard time with it on Saturday today was the day to practice.  Thankfully Phil agreed and we did two hours before work.  It really wasn’t that boring and I survived without a working TV.  Phil and I were discussing SS100 and how we both ended up registering.  He asked if I was worried he would not do it after he already committed.  I said nope “the cool factor is too great to back out.”  I keep telling myself the same thing.


I was able to get in a short swim in the evening in between the sky falling.  It was my best swim in awhile because the heater had gone out.  The normally hot 82-83 water was a perfect 79.  

My shot blocks came in the other day.  I found a great deal online and just couldn’t pass up buying several boxes.  I know these will all be gone well before off season starts.  They just look a little funny stacked up in my pantry.  Hmmm fuel. 
 

 



















I’ve been trying to start weight training and core strengthening.  And by trying I mean thinking about and not actually doing anything.  I was determined this past weekend to change that and broke out my free weights and the stretch cord.  Well in less than 10 min the cord snapped and whipped me in the neck.  So much for trying to get in a routine.  I will not be attempting that any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment