Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Last Few Days

Monday was uneventful as it was an off day for training since Aaron was still in town and I had to go to work.  When I came home I found a scrubbed tub that was sparkling and hamburgers ready to be cooked.  They were delicious.  I'm thankful he was able to come visit all the way from California even if it was just for a few days. 

The clean tub!

Delious, melt in my mouth, yummy burger.

Tuesday night we broke our stretch of intervals: just couldn’t make it 6 Tuesdays in a row.  I was feeling ok minus left IT troubles but Phil was recovering from his Austin marathon on Sunday.  When he mentioned just running steady I didn’t complain.  I’m glad we did because my left knee KILLED until mile 4 – not good - all the result from the hip pain at mile 17 on Saturday I think. 

Stupid IT ban problems.  Left knee and hip are not on my favorites list.

Wednesday was wonderful.  I love that Phil has a job where he can take off at lunch to run with me on my days off.  13 in perfect sunny and 60 weather.  The first seven we kept laughing that all the cars were being really nice – I even started counting how many completely stopped or passed us by going across the yellow line.  Normally this does not happen when we run this oneish mile stretch without sidewalks.  It became pretty humorous watching the drivers.  The last 6 were fun.  At our turn around we ended up not stopping to fill up our water bottles.  Probably a mistake but made it work.  At the start of mile 8 I realized my HR was averaging  145 and thought ok I can push.  Without much effort I dropped to 8:30 so I decided to pick it up even more.  So much for the first 7 being at 9s.  I dropped to 7:30-7:45 and kept it there for mile 9,10, 11.  The last two were at 7:20.  I have never done that before.  Very stoked.  Only negative was my left knee had significant pain until mile 3.5 and even though it became manageable it never went away. 

Post run picture.

The rest of Wednesday I was on a high and starting getting a lot of errands marked off my list.  I cleaned, vaccumed, and finished putting up my blinds.  They look so much better than the pull down shades.

Changing out blinds/shades in the bedrooms.

Early evening meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment