Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Videos, Gnats, and Burgers


Today was a solid day as I was off work and able to do all three disciplines.  I started with a two hour trainer ride while watching the Today Show and browsing the internet on my phone.  The last 30 or so was spent watching videos from previous runners doing Sulphur Springs.  They gave me a good perspective on the terrain and I might just be in trouble with all the hills.  I just hope I don’t fall of the trail in the middle of the night.  True fear.  In one off the videos the gentleman had an IM World Championship water bottle from the same year I did the race.  He ended up finishing in 23 hours…there is hope.  One of the videos caught a guy saying “I wouldn’t even want to hike that trail.”  He said this after he completed the first of eight laps.  I’m in for an adventure for sure.  Lets just hope the trails are dry.

Watching the videos while on the trainer actually increased my cadence because I got so giddy and excited.

I waited about an hour and then headed out for a ten mile run.  It was slow but not miserable and I got it done.  The overcast weather helped.  About 25% of the time when I'm out running right around the 0.6 mile mark there is a full tenth of running through thick gnats.  To get back to the condo I have to go through it again.  Well they were there today and I had so many in my eyes, nose, and mouth it wasn't even funny.  I practically had to shut my eyes to get to the other side. 

The bugs that survived post face wash.  Those strong little buggers.




















I went for a short swim in the afternoon and my body was craving food and especially protein.  I try not to eat out very much (once every two weeks or so) but I needed some meat.  I ended up at Five Guys tonight with a double stack burger.  It was delicious.

Refueling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment